Saturday, December 13, 2014

Friday Five Warm-Up for Sermonatin'

Oh, wow--I have been lax. ANd no excuse except laziness--I am not extraordinarily busy or anything. 
So, as procrastination a warm-up exercise for my sermon, the RevGals Friday Five (only ONE day late): 
1. What song are you grooving to these days?
I have discovered PostModern Jukebox, a group that takes music of today and re-creates it as the music of yesteryear. One of my faves is Lorde's "Royals" as sung by Puddles Pity Party (The Sad Clown with the Golden Voice):

2. If YOU were a room in your home, what would it be, and why?
Well, there's an interesting question. I would like to think I am a living room/lounge/salon, welcoming all kinds of people and having all kinds of conversation.
3.  What ever happened to LipSmackers?  Does anyone remember that lip balm from the 70's?  Do you have a recommendation for a really awesome lip balm?
Yes, I remember them! I had watermelon and chocolate cherry flavours! I like Burt's Bees--comes in plain and lipstick colours.
4.  Tell us about a tiny  (or HUGE) grace moment from this week.
I worked from home on Friday because my back was giving me trouble--the grace is in the facts that I have work to do that I love, I can go to the doctor if needed, I have a warm and safe home to work in, and I have access to the technology that allows me to do that (computers, internet, electricity...). 
5.  If you could just have any treat/snack in the world right now, what it would be and with whom would you share it? (assuming you are in a sharing kind of mood.
"Gebrannte Mandeln"--Glazed Almonds, German-style, cinnamon flavour, please, and I would share with my son. He spent a couple of the early years of his life in Munich, and loved them, as do I. He's away training for the military, and I think of him every day. They are also very appropriate for the season--I always think of them in a paper "horn," still warm in my hand as we shopped the Christmas markets.
Enjoy, and please let us know you played in the comments and post a link to your blog; or play in the comments or even on Facebook!

No comments:

Clarence Darrow--Beyond Scopes and Leopold & Loeb

Personalities fascinate me--people do. One way I try to understand history and places is through people--which is why I love good histor...