Friday, October 24, 2014

Narrative Lectonary Liturgy for October 26, 2014

Sorry I missed last week! I have seen a lot more resources popping up in the Facebook group, which is a Good Thing! 

Here's my take on the Narrative Lectionary readings for October 26, in case someone still needs something. 

Call to Worship
One:  We’ve travelled a long way!
Many: A very long way! But we are here to celebrate God’s love and wisdom!
One: I was glad when they said to me, “Let’s go to worship God!”

Many: Let’s go to worship God!

Reconciliation
One: Eternal Wisdom, we have not been wise. We have stumbled and fallen; we have knowingly done what we should not have done and left undone what we should have done.
Many: We have not cared for our brothers and sisters who are in need: of food, shelter, protection, a smile, a helping hand.
One: We have not been present for our sisters and brothers who needed us: encouragement, a listening ear, a visit, simple comfort, or even just a cup of tea and conversation. 
Many: Forgive us our weakness and give us a fresh anointing of your love and grace. Amen.
One : My sisters and brothers, nothing at all can separate us from the love of our wise and generous God. In the name of Christ, we are forgiven!
Many: Thanks be to God! Amen!

Benediction
One: As we go out into the world to share this good news, God’s presence, God’s wisdom, and God’s love go with us always.
Many: Thanks be to God!
One: May the wisdom, grace and blessing of God be yours, now and forever.
Many: Amen!

No comments:

Clarence Darrow--Beyond Scopes and Leopold & Loeb

Personalities fascinate me--people do. One way I try to understand history and places is through people--which is why I love good histor...