Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Five--Random!

Trying to get back in teh habit of blogging...so with a push from the RevGals, here's a random Friday five///

1.  How are you doing?  What's going on in your life?
Busy is the only word for it. The church has a project and a crisis, the community organisation that I sit on the board of ditto, still recovering from Easter, can't wait for my retreat in ten days...

2.  Have you ever resigned from a position?  What was the good-bye like?
Many times in my previous career and once as a pastor. In the latter case, they knew I was taking a sabbatical because of a divorce; they didn't know I was coming out as well.  The good-bye was supportive and caring, and I think would mostly still have been, even if they had known the real reason for the sabbatical.

3. So, we are still resurrecting...still getting used to New Life!!  What is a source of new life for you?
Increasingly, yoga. The level of tension in my life has gone up steadily over the last few months, and I knew I needed something. My weekly yoga class has been wonderful for stress relief as well as exercise and movement. I hope to make it to two classes a week at least from time to time, but for now, it's my Friday late-afternoon must-have.

4.  My friend is running the marathon on Friday, because it is on her bucket list.  What is something on your bucket list?
A trip to Australia, most especially to Uluru. This may seem mundane to readers from Down Under, but there you are. In accordance with indigenous beliefs and in respect for them, I would not climb it, but rather sit with it through a day.

5.  Tell us about one precious thing (tangible) you keep around your house, your altar, your pocket, and what is its story? 
I wear a gold Celtic cross my son gave me with I graduated from seminary. It means the world to me for both those reasons. I have also been told that it is rare to find a Celtic cross in gold, but I am not sure if that is really true. 

No comments:

Clarence Darrow--Beyond Scopes and Leopold & Loeb

Personalities fascinate me--people do. One way I try to understand history and places is through people--which is why I love good histor...