Saturday, May 12, 2012

RevGal's Friday Five



It has been too long since I did this, and I am looking for ways to procrastinate anyway...not deliberately, you understand, just not turning away from opportunities.

So here are the random five from yesterday (see I even procrastinated on that!)

1.  What is the first thing that comes to your mind (right now) that you want to share about yourself.
I procrastinate. No, seriously, I am finally in a good place after at least three years of sadness and a dark place. I want that to translate into more writing.

2.  What is your favorite piece of jewelry or accessory? Why?
I used to have a wonderful rainbow-y watercolor effect silk scarf that I wore at least twice a week. It went with just about anything, from white to black to grey and everything in-between. Unfortunately, when I was unpacking after my most recent move, I pulled it out of a box, not realising it was caught on a belt buckle and tore an irreparable hole in it.

3.  If you could have a starring role in a T.V. show/movie/series, which one would it be, and what would your character be like?
Well, it would probably change the way the series are written, but I would love to be in either one of the Law and Order franchises (preferably with Mariska Hargitay...) or Star Trek the Next Generation, as an ethics/spirituality adviser to the rest of the cast, sort of like BD Wong's psychologist character. I think it would bring an interesting dimension to some of the plots. And apparently I can act fairly well--I was part of a murder mystery dinner recently and people were taken aback when I showed up at the door "in character" and stayed that way most of the evening. Apparently they thought this was the real me sans collar--snarky and bitter and cutting to my "parents." I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not.

4.  What is one thing you will eat this weekend? Coffee. Eat--have you seen how strong I like my coffee? Profiteroles--I am taking them to a potluck tonight and so they are the only item I know will be there. I am hoping for butter chicken (one of the sometime-attendees makes fabulous butter chicken), but there's always a lot of good food-salads, desserts, taco pie last month... I'm taking a fruit plate for Sunday coffee hour, so I will be eating that as well.


5.  How do you waste time? (If you do, that is...)
Haha...writing on my blog when I should be working on my sermon and doing laundry. More usually, it's websurfing, browsing YouTube or GoodReads, or playing with my new cat friend, Bobcat.



My new roommate, Bobcat

No comments:

Clarence Darrow--Beyond Scopes and Leopold & Loeb

Personalities fascinate me--people do. One way I try to understand history and places is through people--which is why I love good histor...