Monday, January 21, 2008

Skin Art, Part…Whatever

Whoo hoo...Less than forty-eight hours now. Um, 43.5 to be precise. Man About Town says, "The countdown begins!"

Still looking forward to this. Well, maybe not looking forward to the process but the result. Well, maybe I am looking forward to the process--in a testing-myself way. Seeing if I can do this.

And I hadn't thought of this until this moment...When I was 10 years old, I had a disorder of the spleen, called idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura...basically, my spleen was destroying more platelets (blood clotting factor) than it was creating. Thus I bled very easily and didn't stop easily. I eventually had to have my spleen out, but in the process of coming to a diagnosis, I had to have bone marrow drawn. There are two locations they generally draw it from--either the pelvic girdle, in the small of your back, or the breastbone. Because of my age (I suspect), they used the breastbone...in approximately the same place my new art will go.

In that case, they were searching for what was wrong with my body.

In a couple of days, we'll be celebrating what is right with my spirit.

And it feels so right.

No comments:

Clarence Darrow--Beyond Scopes and Leopold & Loeb

Personalities fascinate me--people do. One way I try to understand history and places is through people--which is why I love good histor...