Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday, Monday....

First of all, my apologies for the truly odd formatting on the Good Friday service; I did a cut-and-paste from Word, so I suspect some of that formatting snuck in and played with Blogger's brain...not that it takes much.

This is my day of a complete sabbath from church-related stuff, so don't expect much on the Holy Week that is just past.

What I'm thinking about:
  • Decisions that made sense at the time don't always make sense later on, especially if thy were made in a time of tension and emotion. Case in point--some decisions I made during my divorce process that I now wish I had not made. My lawyer, to give him credit, really tried hard to talk me out of them, but failed. I screwed myself, folks. Don't do that to yourself. Listen to your lawyers...
  • Been watching The L Word, first season. It's on at the same time as ER here, so I didn't watch it when it started, and then by the time ER went on break, I had no idea who any of the characters were on L Word, or the story lines, or anything. So I never got into it. It's now in it's 4th season (I think--and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...) But now I have been lent the entire first season on DVD, and watched the pilot and a few early episodes last week. Today I plan a popcorn and L Word binge.
  • The joke here in River City yesterday was "We had a green Christmas, so it's only right we should have a white Easter!" Which we did.
  • I'm about to embark on a series of mdical tests which I will not enlarge upon, in case anyone is snacking while reading blogs... but it involves three days of sampling at home... Anyway, I'm forbidden red meat while I'm doing this, and have to eat lots of greens and high fibre stuff. I am tired of Chicken Caesar salad!!! And oatmeal. And fish. And brown rice. Ugh. I'm craving some good Crispy Ginger Beef from my favourite Chinese restaurant, or maybe a splurgalicious Wendy's burger, or even just som bacon at the clergy breakfast next week!! Sigh.
  • What a wonderful time I had with TO last weekend. We did see a terrible movie, but we had fun while doing so. He's gone through adolescence and is at the age where parents aren't quite fools anymore. A friend of mine, whose son went through a similar transformation a few years ago, said, "It's just not fair. Two years ago, I couldn't wait for my son to graduate and leave the house. Now that he is about to, I don't want him to anymore. I have my son back, just in time for him leave." Yep.

Off to enjoy a real day off!

No comments:

Clarence Darrow--Beyond Scopes and Leopold & Loeb

Personalities fascinate me--people do. One way I try to understand history and places is through people--which is why I love good histor...