Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday Five Anniversary Party Procrastination!

Being always on the lookout for procrastination material, I will run the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five Meme instead of working on my sermon! Hey, it's a special day, our anniversary! And besides, I've got the rest of the afternoon, and most of the day tomorrow!

1) What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals?
I found a Lectionary blog I really liked ( Dylan's) and she had a link to the RevGal BlogPals. I checked out a few of them, liked what I saw, and decided to join. I hadn't been blogging very long at that point, and I thought it would be a good way to get more readers. Hahahahahahah...

2) Have you met any of the other ring members in real life?
Not so far, although I'd love to. Everytime I've met someone in RL that I've met online, it has been a lot of fun.

3) Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person.
Quotidian Grace, Rev. Songbird, Pink Shoes, Teri, Singing Owl and LutheranChik--for starters!

4) What has Ring Membership added to your life?
The sense of mutual support, insights into Biblical texts, wisdom and just simply folks I feel like if they suddenly moved to River City we would be meeting for coffee and lectionary conversation every week (I cannot seem to get a lectionary group started here to save my life!). Although we might be doing more conversation than lectionary work... Also some rilly great virtual parties! (Hot tub, anyone?)

5) Describe a hope for the future of the WebRing.
I love the books, or at least the idea of them (no, I haven't ordered mine YET--better get on that), the way members read and comment on each other's blogs (and lives, LOL), with support and gentle suggestions of guidance. I hope we continue that and that no matter how large (or small) we are, we will still have the sense of a bunch of friends gathered in the lobby of the conference hotel gabbing when we know we should be in a workshop, but also knowing we need this friendship and networking time.


Celebratin' Women!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was fun to be in that position at the Festival of Homiletics. I can't wait to be with a group of RGBPs again!

see-through faith said...

hot tub ? mmm

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

LOL at that awesome picture! :-D

Clarence Darrow--Beyond Scopes and Leopold & Loeb

Personalities fascinate me--people do. One way I try to understand history and places is through people--which is why I love good histor...