Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm It!

OK, LutheranChik meme-tagged me. Here goes...

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) Anastasia
2) Haligweorc
3) Topmost Apple
4)LutheranChik's "L" Word Diary
5)Rainbow Pastor

Next, select five people to tag:
1) Walk Humbly
2) Dylan (and her Grace Notes)
3) Friday Mom
4) Rebel
5) Rev Mom

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had just been fired (one and only time in my life), and I took the time to think about what I really, really wanted to do with my life, not what someone else wanted me to do. Best thing that happened to me, to be honest, though it hurt like hell at the time...

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Learning to speak Canadian, eh?

Five snacks you enjoy:
A. Chex mix
B. Chocolate mint cookies
C. Apples with peanut butter
D. Cashews
E. Maple pecan frozen yogurt

(hmmm, I'm seeing a nut theme here)

Five songs you know all the words to:
A. Both Sides Now
B. Blowin' in the Wind
C. Giant (Melissa Etheridge)
D. Alleluia (kd lang's cover)
E. O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing (joke, actually; it has a million verses; but I know the first four in the United Methodist hymnal)
F. Raining Men (The Weather Girls)

Actually, hymns probably shouldn't count for pastors...and notice I didn't (really) include any)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
A. Pay off all my debts
B. Invest a chunk for retirement and for TO's university
C. Buy a house DP and I can live in the rest of our lives
D. Pay lawyer's and Canada Customs and Immigration's fees to get "landed immigrant" status
E. Write a healthy check for the church's building fund

Five bad habits:
A. Procrastination
B. "Eeyore" thinking (i.e., jumping to the worst possible scenario; AKA Drama Queen)
C. Swaying while I preach
D. Slouching
E. Nervous giggle

Five things you enjoy doing:
A. Reading
B. Researching a topic to death
C. Writing
D. Browsing in a bookstore or library (see A)
E. Canoeing

Five things you would never wear again:
A. Hip-hugger jeans
B. Platform shoes
C. Choker necklace
D. Plaid
E. Hot pants/short shorts

(only five? What about peasant blouses, bell-bottoms, big earrings, macrame belts and bandannas?)

Five favorite toys:
(Snicker)
A. my Personal Digital Assistant (especially since I found the Lectionary to upload to it...)
B. my laptop
C. my car (VW Jetta wagon...sigh)
D. my glass-fronted bookcases (no, really--there's something very satisfying about seeing my books through glass, all safe and dustless; also protects my rainbow-coloured feather boa from the cats)
E. my coffeemaker (don't laugh; it turns off automatically, I can adjust the heat on the warming plate, and I can set it to start brewing in the morning while I'm still sleeping...)

Thanks, LC--that was kinda fun!

Your turn!

1 comment:

LutheranChik said...

Ooh! Ooh! k.d. lang, "Hymns to the 49th Parallel"! I LOVE that album...I don't OWN it (yet), but I love it!

I actually have a new coffeemaker toy...not quite as fancy as yours, but I like it. Over the holidays I bought a new one for our kitchen; it turned out to be defective, so I e-mailed the manufacturer, and they told me to send it back. We just got the replacement, and it's a much nicer coffeemaker than the original.

Clarence Darrow--Beyond Scopes and Leopold & Loeb

Personalities fascinate me--people do. One way I try to understand history and places is through people--which is why I love good histor...